Evercare practices reviewed by Massachusetts
Boston Globe, July 31, 2008
The Massachusetts Division of Insurance is investigating sales of Evercare private Medicare plans that have sparked complaints from seniors about sales representatives using misleading and abusive marketing. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services also announced it has stepped up oversight of Evercare, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group Inc. Evercare has fired seven independent insurance agents as a result of the complaints and is investigating 15 others for potential marketing abuses, according to the CMS.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US