Aetna’s second-quarter profit rises 6.4% on boost in membership, higher premium rates
AP/Hartford Courant, July 31, 2008
Hartford, CT-based health insurer Aetna says its second-quarter profit rose 6.4% on membership growth and a hike in premium rates. Aetna earned $480.5 million, or 97 cents per share, compared with profit of $451.3 million, or 85 cents per share, during the same period last year. Revenue also rose 15% to $7.83 billion from $6.79 billion.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013