Pennsylvania lawmaker’s post to Blue Cross board questioned
Philadelphia Inquirer, July 31, 2008
The Democratic leader in the Pennsylvania Senate was appointed to a post on Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania's board of directors, and government watchdog groups questioned whether the appointment would cause potential conflicts of interest. Senate Minority Leader Robert Mellow joined the Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania's board at the end of May. A pair of watchdog groups are questioning whether Mellow can balance constituents' interests with those of an insurance company that's a market leader in 13 eastern and central Pennsylvania counties.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013