Pennsylvania lawmaker’s post to Blue Cross board questioned
Philadelphia Inquirer, July 31, 2008
The Democratic leader in the Pennsylvania Senate was appointed to a post on Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania's board of directors, and government watchdog groups questioned whether the appointment would cause potential conflicts of interest. Senate Minority Leader Robert Mellow joined the Blue Cross of Northeastern Pennsylvania's board at the end of May. A pair of watchdog groups are questioning whether Mellow can balance constituents' interests with those of an insurance company that's a market leader in 13 eastern and central Pennsylvania counties.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US