Humana reports profit decline, raises outlook
AP/Philadelphia Inquirer, August 6, 2008
Louisville, KY-based Humana Inc. reported a slight drop in second-quarter profit, caused by a double-digit drop in premiums from its stand-alone Medicare prescription drug plans. The health insurer posted solid growth elsewhere in its Medicare Advantage and commercial segments, however. Humana's results for the three months ended June 30 outperformed Wall Street expectations, and the company raised its earnings-per-share projection for the full year.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program