Mistakes to cost Illinois hospitals
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, the state's largest health insurer, will no longer pay for claims when hospitals make a serious error. The new payment policy is expected to be implemented by the end of the year at Illinois Blue Cross and three other Blue Cross plans that operate under the Illinois plan's parent, Chicago-based Health Care Service Corp. The company has 12.4 million members, including 7.4 million in Illinois.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts