Mistakes to cost Illinois hospitals
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, the state's largest health insurer, will no longer pay for claims when hospitals make a serious error. The new payment policy is expected to be implemented by the end of the year at Illinois Blue Cross and three other Blue Cross plans that operate under the Illinois plan's parent, Chicago-based Health Care Service Corp. The company has 12.4 million members, including 7.4 million in Illinois.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal