Mistakes to cost Illinois hospitals
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Illinois, the state's largest health insurer, will no longer pay for claims when hospitals make a serious error. The new payment policy is expected to be implemented by the end of the year at Illinois Blue Cross and three other Blue Cross plans that operate under the Illinois plan's parent, Chicago-based Health Care Service Corp. The company has 12.4 million members, including 7.4 million in Illinois.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest