Florida bosses huddle on healthcare
The third annual South Florida conference of the Florida Health Care Coalition, made up of some of the largest employers in the state, attracted more than 200 people to hear panel discussions on increasing quality and controlling costs in healthcare. These are the main goals of the 24-year-old coalition, which includes companies like Lockheed Martin, Disney World, Florida Power & Light, and the school boards of Miami-Dade and Broward counties. Some of the ideas presented during the conference were cheap and simple, such as starting wellness programs.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers