Senator urges review of Medicare payment errors
Miami Herald, August 27, 2008
Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa has demanded a "full accounting" of how Medicare underestimated the extent of fraud, abuse, and waste in a 2006 audit of the medical equipment industry. Grassley, the ranking Republican on the Senate Finance Committee overseeing Medicare, said that a new inspector general's report spotlighting flaws in Medicare's audit raises disturbing doubts about the health insurance program's efforts to identify and reduce waste.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US