Blue Cross Blue Shield buys Florida Health Care for $85 million
Orlando Business Journal, September 3, 2008
Florida Health Care Plan Inc. is being sold to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida for $85 million. Following the sale, Florida Health Care will continue present operations and organization as a community-based, locally managed health plan available to Volusia and Flagler County residents. Its 57,000 members will have immediate access to an expanded statewide and nationwide network of Blue Cross services and healthcare providers.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'