Healthways called takeover target
With its stock prices struggling, disease management giant Healthways could be a takeover target, according to a Goldman Sachs analyst. Another analyst suggested a pharmacy benefits manager could be a likely suitor. However, a Healthways executive said earlier this year that staying independent was advantageous for the company.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Safety Net Executives Renew Call to Preserve DSH Payments