UAW members ratify contract with Michigan Blue Cross
AP/Chicago Tribune, September 17, 2008
United Auto Workers members have voted to approve a new, three-year contract with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. The union announced the contract covering the health insurer's 2,700 UAW-represented employees was approved 1,399 to 509. It includes 3% wage increases in each year of the contract, a $2,500 ratification bonus, lower prescription copays, and increases in retirement benefits.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public