Physician’s aide admits role in Medicare fraud
Miami Herald, September 19, 2008
A physician's assistant pleaded guilty yesterday to aiding in a $119 million Medicare fraud ring in Miami and Cuba that involved doctors, administrators, and immigrants. Ten other defendants have also pleaded guilty to similar charges.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals