Medicare premium for 2009 remains unchanged for most
Philadelphia Inquirer, September 22, 2008
As healthcare costs increase nationwide, monthly premiums for many elderly and disabled Medicare members will stay at $96 in 2009. While actual costs could increase next year, officials say they would be offset by a reserve, totaling about $9.3 billion, in the Medicare Part B trust fund.
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Payment Reform Naysayers 'Better Wake Up'
- As Hospitalist Patient Loads Rise, So Do Hospital Costs
- HIT Leaders Want Flexibility, Transparency from Next HHS Chief
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'
- Advance Directives: Let's Make a Law
- Hire Care Coordinators Strategically