Medicare premium for 2009 remains unchanged for most
Philadelphia Inquirer, September 22, 2008
As healthcare costs increase nationwide, monthly premiums for many elderly and disabled Medicare members will stay at $96 in 2009. While actual costs could increase next year, officials say they would be offset by a reserve, totaling about $9.3 billion, in the Medicare Part B trust fund.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data