Commentary: Blues’ merger wrong
Philadelphia Inquirer, September 25, 2008
The proposed merger between Pennsylvania's two largest Blue Cross plans will further limit competition across the state, writes Tom Knox, former CEO of UnitedHealthcare of Pennsylvania and candidate for governor. The best way to lower the rising cost of health-insurance premiums for Pennsylvanians is through increased competition--not less, he adds.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions