Medicare officials advise seniors to shop around
Chicago Tribune, September 26, 2008
Federal health officials encouraged Medicare participants to shop around for their prescription drug coverage next year because it could include significant price increases or changes regarding which drugs the plans will cover. Most beneficiaries will see an increase in their monthly premiums if they stay with the same insurer. For those enrolled in the 10 most popular drug plans, the cost increases will range from 8% to as much as 64%.
- Providers Lag as Consumers Set Agenda
- Look Beyond Nurse-Patient Ratios
- Esther Dyson Launches Population Health Challenge
- Reform Puts Vise Grips on Physicians
- Crisis Spurs Healthcare Payment Reform in Arkansas
- Hospital Groups Back NQF Report on Patient Sociodemographics
- ICD-10 Delay Alters Provider, Vendor Prep
- NPP Demand Rising Under Value-Based Care Models
- Medicare Opt-Out a Viable Physician Strategy
- Reduce Readmissions by Activating Patients to Do 'Self-Care'