Umatilla, FL, clinic poised to expand primary care, insurance services
The Florida Department of Health recently gave the Lake County Health Department a three-year grant to increase healthcare access for low-income and uninsured residents. Under the Lake Primary Care Project, the Umatilla (FL) Health Clinic will expand its staff and extend hours. Planners hope it will be a first stop for patients’ medical needs and a place to work out health-insurance issues, and it’s also part of an effort to cut down on the number of people using hospital emergency rooms for nonemergency medical attention.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers