Umatilla, FL, clinic poised to expand primary care, insurance services
The Florida Department of Health recently gave the Lake County Health Department a three-year grant to increase healthcare access for low-income and uninsured residents. Under the Lake Primary Care Project, the Umatilla (FL) Health Clinic will expand its staff and extend hours. Planners hope it will be a first stop for patients’ medical needs and a place to work out health-insurance issues, and it’s also part of an effort to cut down on the number of people using hospital emergency rooms for nonemergency medical attention.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care