Maryland reviews health plans
The Maryland Health Care Commission released an annual report last week that will allow residents to compare HMO, POS, and PPO plans. A major tenet in both quality and consumer-driven healthcare initiatives is allowing consumers to compare health plans so they can choose the right plan and so insurers will be pushed to provide better care through their providers.
- CMS Sets 2014 Pay Rates for Hospital Outpatient and Physician Services
- FDA hopes hospitals will switch to newly regulated pharmacies
- The 5 Biggest Healthcare Finance Trouble Spots
- Not-for-Profit Hospitals Find Opportunity Amid Uncertainty
- Nonprofit Hospital Outlook 'Negative' in 2014
- The Most Polarizing Topics in Healthcare IT
- How CPOE Will Make Healthcare Smarter
- Are ACOs Really Different from HMOs?
- Why You Should Involve Patients in Nursing Handoffs
- Rise of the Chief Strategy Officer