State takes over Tampa-based Medicare HMO
Medicare will withdraw its contract with Tampa-based MD Medicare Choice at midnight after Florida regulators put the HMO into receivership. The HMO has about 16,000 members in Florida and to prevent disruption of care, Medicare will transfer them into a similar HMO run by Humana. Clients can continue seeing their primary care physician through the end of the year, even if that doctor is not on Humana's network, Medicare officials announced.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness