State takes over Tampa-based Medicare HMO
Medicare will withdraw its contract with Tampa-based MD Medicare Choice at midnight after Florida regulators put the HMO into receivership. The HMO has about 16,000 members in Florida and to prevent disruption of care, Medicare will transfer them into a similar HMO run by Humana. Clients can continue seeing their primary care physician through the end of the year, even if that doctor is not on Humana's network, Medicare officials announced.
- EHR Systems 'Immature, Costly,' AMA Says
- Anthem Blue Cross, 7 CA Health Systems Create New Challenger, Business Model
- Interstate Medical Licensure Effort Advances
- Better HCAHPS Scores Protect Revenue
- Data Points to Boom in Private HIX
- How to Build a Health Plan from Scratch
- CEO Exchange: Preparing for Population Health
- Narrow Networks Cut Costs, Not Quality, Economists Say
- Insurers see cost hikes in Partners HealthCare (MA) mergers
- Malnourishment 'Epidemic' Plagues Hospitals? Really?