Former WellCare Health Plans worker pleads guilty to Medicaid fraud
Tampa Bay Business Journal, October 8, 2008
The U.S. Department of Justice has unveiled a guilty plea by a former employee of WellCare Health Plans Inc. who admitted he conspired to defraud the Florida Medicaid program out of more than $20 million. Gregory West pleaded guilty in December, but the plea was sealed, Robert O'Neill, the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida, said in a release. West faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, the release said.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data