Former WellCare Health Plans worker pleads guilty to Medicaid fraud
Tampa Bay Business Journal, October 8, 2008
The U.S. Department of Justice has unveiled a guilty plea by a former employee of WellCare Health Plans Inc. who admitted he conspired to defraud the Florida Medicaid program out of more than $20 million. Gregory West pleaded guilty in December, but the plea was sealed, Robert O'Neill, the U.S. Attorney for the Middle District of Florida, said in a release. West faces up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine, the release said.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- PCI: Concerns Mount About Appropriateness
- Transforming Cancer Care
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations