Report: NM ranks worst for employer health plans
Only half of New Mexico residents under 65 years old are covered by health insurance through their employers, according to an Economic Policy Institute report. The 50.7% figure is the lowest percentage of any state, and is much lower than national figures. New Mexico ranked second from the bottom in the percentage of children insured by an employer-sponsored health plan. Only Mississippi ranked worse.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'