Washington governor, challenger differ sharply on healthcare
Washington Gov. Chris Gregoire and Republican challenger Dino Rossi both favor lowering healthcare costs and decreasing the number of uninsured residents. However, their approaches to such plans differ. Gregoire says Washington legislators would maintain an active role in the plans, while Rossi believes free-market forces should be utilized to drive down costs and expand access.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts