Indiana-based St. Francis, Anthem not cutting ties (yet)
Patients of St. Francis Hospital & Health Centers who are covered by Anthem insurance have received a reprieve, as both parties postponed a contract termination. After a weekend of intense discussions, both organizations reported that "significant progress in negotiations have taken place" and both hope to reach a deal "in the next few days," according to a news release. The contract was scheduled to terminate at midnight on November 2.
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- CA Powers Up $80M HIE to 'Create Value in the Data'
- TJC Warns Hospitals of Deadly Medical Tubing Mistakes
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- The secret committee behind our soaring healthcare costs