Indiana-based St. Francis, Anthem not cutting ties (yet)
Patients of St. Francis Hospital & Health Centers who are covered by Anthem insurance have received a reprieve, as both parties postponed a contract termination. After a weekend of intense discussions, both organizations reported that "significant progress in negotiations have taken place" and both hope to reach a deal "in the next few days," according to a news release. The contract was scheduled to terminate at midnight on November 2.
- Why Is Healthcare Price Transparency So Hard?
- 5 Hot Healthcare Ideas from SXSW
- EHR Spending Continues, But Jury Still Out on ROI
- Two-Midnights Rule Spells Grim Financial Forecast for Hospitals
- Researchers Link ICD-10 Shift to Financial Losses
- The Trouble with Hospital Price Transparency
- Hospital Groups Strike Back at Hospital Rating Systems
- 4 Marketing Tactics for Hospitals on Instagram
- Adverse Events from Insulin Prescribing 'An Epidemic'
- Hospital CEO Turnover Hits Record High