Senator takes initiative on healthcare
U.S. Senate Finance Committee Chairman Sen. Max Baucus has unveiled a plan that would guarantee health insurance for all Americans. This would be done by sales of private insurance, expansion of Medicaid and Medicare, and requiring most employers to provide health benefits. The plan would eventually require everyone to have health insurance coverage.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals