California children's insurance program may need wait list
California's budget woes could leave thousands of California children on a waiting list for healthcare, as state officials who oversee the Healthy Families Program are scrambling to find ways around a $17.2 million budget shortage. The program provides low-cost health, dental, and vision coverage to uninsured children of working families.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals