Louisiana governor details Medicaid revamp
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal plans to unveil a proposed restructuring of the state's Medicaid program that would steer hundreds of thousands of low-income Louisiana residents into private managed-care plans in an effort to control costs and improve the state's historically poor healthcare outcomes. The long-awaited Louisiana Health First Initiative would move the state's Medicaid program for the poor away from a "fee-for-service" model, where the state mostly pays claims submitted by healthcare providers.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream