UnitedHealth Group, Inc. jumps into Web
UnitedHealth Group Inc. is launching a health Web site for the general public in a move by the insurer to stake out a central role in the crowded field of helping consumers seek and manage healthcare information online. The site is the first such free site from a major health insurer that is aimed broadly at consumers, not just health-plan members or employees of large corporate clients. Run by UnitedHealth's health-and-wellness services unit, the site includes tools to check symptoms, a search engine for finding specific health or disease information, and a repository where consumers can maintain their personal medical information.
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Business Roundup: M&A Activity Down Slightly in First Half of 2014
- CFO Exchange: Healthcare Leaders Share 5 Innovative Ideas
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- Large Employers Trimming Healthcare Spending