With growing numbers of people looking for healthcare solutions in tough economic times, insurers are starting to offer low-cost options for those who can't afford full insurance. Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida recently entered the discount card market. The program boasts it can offer discounts of 5% to 40% for those providers who take the card. Blue Cross, as well as several others, also now offer limited-benefit insurance, which generally helps pay for routine medical care but not for catastrophic problems.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts