States seek slice of federal bailout for Medicaid
House Democrats want to pass an economic stimulus package of up to $500 billion in January 2009, and Medicaid is among the programs they'd like to see get extra cash: at least $20 billion more in funding from the federal government. Patient advocates say the money the money is necessary, because several states are cutting Medicaid services due to worsening tax shortfalls.
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US