Commentary: Employer-based health insurance plans no longer work
Change is coming to the U.S. healthcare system: President-elect Barack Obama wants it, Congress wants it and even the insurance industry wants it, says Los Angeles Times columnist David Lazarus. But the idea of doing away with the employer-based insurance system seems to be off the table, even though it has become increasingly unsustainable for businesses and has resulted in 47 million Americans going without coverage, Lazarus says.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers