Louisiana health secretary pushes hard for change
Louisiana Secretary of Health and Hospitals Alan Levine is pushing for change in the state's healthcare program for low-income residents. He, along with Gov. Bobby Jindal, believe the best way to do that will be to apply private-sector, managed-care principles. The plan goes before a House-Senate healthcare committee this week.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream