Louisiana health secretary pushes hard for change
Louisiana Secretary of Health and Hospitals Alan Levine is pushing for change in the state's healthcare program for low-income residents. He, along with Gov. Bobby Jindal, believe the best way to do that will be to apply private-sector, managed-care principles. The plan goes before a House-Senate healthcare committee this week.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts
- Physicians to Appeal 'Docs v. Glocks' Ruling in FL
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Revenue Cycles Get a Boost from Simple JPEG Files
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- CA Fines 8 Hospitals for Medical Errors
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts