Aetna cuts 1,000 jobs in response to downturn
Hartford, CT-based Aetna plans to eliminate 1,000 positions, almost 3% of its work force. The company has warned that it isn't immune to the economic downturn, despite a preliminary forecast of 3%-5% growth in 2009. Employees were notified of the possible staff cuts last month.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US