Health panel OKs Lousiana governor's plan
Lousiana Gov. Bobby Jindal's healthcare initiative cleared its first major hurdle when a legislative committee agreed unanimously to let the administration move ahead with a plan to steer hundreds of thousands of low-income children into managed-care networks. But members of the Joint Health and Welfare Committee made it clear that they are far from sold on the details of the Louisiana Health First plan, and want to preserve the option of adopting a different healthcare model.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives