Kids' Medicaid extended in several Texas counties
The state of Texas will extend health coverage for three months to nearly 34,000 children in the Houston and Beaumont areas after learning that many applications had been lost in the wake of Hurricane Ike. Because they missed the enrollment deadlines, the children would have lost Medicaid coverage as of December 31.
- Senators Hear How Two-Midnight Rule Harms Patients, Hospitals
- 3 Management Lessons from a Supermarket Debacle
- Handshaking Spreads Germs. Get Over It.
- Healthcare Costs Start With What We Eat
- Hospitals Likely to Outsource ICD-10 at Launch
- IOM Identifies GME Problems, Calls for Finance Changes
- CMS Confirms ICD-10 Deadline
- Anatomy of 3 Health System Rebranding Efforts
- Premium Subsidy Fight Creating Uncertainty for Hospitals, Health Plans
- Medicare Advantage Carriers See 'No Choice' But to Accept Cuts