A handshake that made healthcare history
Partners HealthCare made a quiet deal with Blue Cross in 2000 to increase insurance costs across Massachusetts. The deal, which until now had not been made public, marked the beginning of a period of rapid escalation in insurance prices. Individual insurance premiums have risen 8.9% a year since 2000, more than twice the annual rise in the late 1990s.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013