PacificCare fined for claims denials
The Oregonian, December 31, 2008
The Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services has fined PacifiCare Life Assurance $46,000 for failing to conduct reasonable investigations before denying claims, making policyholders with pre-existing conditions wait more than six months for coverage of those conditions, and for failing to act promptly on a claim.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- CMS Releases Hospital Pricing Data
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream