PacificCare fined for claims denials
The Oregonian, December 31, 2008
The Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services has fined PacifiCare Life Assurance $46,000 for failing to conduct reasonable investigations before denying claims, making policyholders with pre-existing conditions wait more than six months for coverage of those conditions, and for failing to act promptly on a claim.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US