New York governor taking heat for healthcare proposal
New York's most powerful healthcare interests are mounting a multimillion-dollar media campaign that excoriates Gov. David A. Paterson and his plans to cut funding for hospitals and other healthcare facilities. In television commercials that will begin broadcasting statewide, nurses and patients take a personal swipe at the governor, imploring, "Why are you doing this?" At one point, a nurse says, "I can't believe Governor Paterson is the one making this proposal." Then a man, blind and in a wheelchair, asks the governor, who is legally blind, "Why are you doing this to me?"
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion