Cigna Web tool tells cost of care upfront
Wall Street Journal, February 11, 2009
Health insurer Cigna Corp. is launching an online tool that will enable doctors and hospitals to inform Cigna enrollees in advance of treatment how much they're likely to pay in out-of-pocket costs. The tool, known as the Cigna Cost of Care Estimator, will be launched in April. It helps in-network healthcare providers to estimate how much of the cost Cigna will pay, and what the patient will owe. It factors in deductibles and co-payments specific to the patient's plan as well as funds that can be tapped, such as money in flexible spending accounts.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers