North Texas legislators seek tougher action against healthcare contractor Evercare
Dallas Morning News, February 12, 2009
North Texas lawmakers have urged the state to crack down on Evercare, a health insurer that manages care of 78,000 elderly and disabled Medicaid patients. Republican Sens. Jane Nelson of Flower Mound and Chris Harris of Arlington said that fines against Evercare of Texas haven't worked. At a Senate Finance Committee hearing, both senators said that they still field many complaints from Evercare plan members who can't find doctors willing to see them.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers