Bill would limit funding for Florida's Medicaid pilot
A lawmaker has filed a bill seeking to limit Florida's authority to operate a Medicaid privatization experiment even as state officials have begun to take a stand against the troubled pilot program. The proposal seeks to revoke the Agency for Health Care Administration's power to get money from the federal agency which helps fund the pilot program. Rep. Elaine Schwartz, D-Hollywood, filed the proposal and said her office is flooded with residents who can't get doctor's appointments and medicine.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'