Report: WellPoint PBM on the block
Health insurer WellPoint has reportedly put its pharmacy benefits management business up for sale. Possible bidders include Medco, CVS Caremark, and Express Scripts, and the sale price is expected to total between $1 billion to $5 billion. Insurers with in-house PBMs say they are core to offering comprehensive packages to clients who want drug coverage.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers