Report: WellPoint PBM on the block
Health insurer WellPoint has reportedly put its pharmacy benefits management business up for sale. Possible bidders include Medco, CVS Caremark, and Express Scripts, and the sale price is expected to total between $1 billion to $5 billion. Insurers with in-house PBMs say they are core to offering comprehensive packages to clients who want drug coverage.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Cleveland Clinic Partners with North Shore-LIJ for Heart Care