Bill would make insurers cover pre-existing conditions
Democratic lawmakers filed a bill that would require health insurers to provide coverage to people with pre-existing medical conditions. Sen. Jay Rockefeller said the legislation would help the 133 million Americans with at least one chronic illness. Supporters of the bill hope the language is part of a larger healthcare reform effort.
- Will More Pioneer ACOs Defect?
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Charity HealthCare Conundrum Brewing Among Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013