Stimulus gives relief to unemployed workers paying for COBRA health insurance
Dallas Morning News, March 23, 2009
A provision of the stimulus bill signed last month by President Barack Obama may give the growing ranks of unemployed workers some relief with their medical bills. Under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, those who were laid off since last fall may be eligible for a 65% subsidy to pay for COBRA.
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- 4 Crucial Tactics for Reining in Healthcare Cost
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- How, and Why, to Recruit Male Nurses
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'