Walgreens' clinics to offer free care to jobless
Walgreen Co. announced that its Take Care Health Systems group, which operates a chain of health clinics located inside about 700 Walgreen drugstores, will provide free healthcare services to patients who lose their jobs. Under the plan, Walgreen said, existing Take Care clinic patients who lose their jobs and who are without health insurance will be eligible for free care at the clinics throughout the rest of 2009. The offer covers family members of the patients as well.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'