Universal health coverage in spotlight at Los Angeles forum
Los Angeles Times, April 7, 2009
The Obama administration pressed its healthcare reform campaign in Los Angeles on April 6 with a forum co-hosted by Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger. A wide array of forum participants, including hospital and insurance company executives and the mother of a teenager who died from a preventable hospital-acquired infection, gave voice to the growing desire for change. But the presentation was light on details. Universal coverage was widely touted, but there was no discussion of how to achieve that goal.
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- States Without Medicaid Expansion Search for Alternatives