Tufts' Roosevelt: More than one payment model needed to align goals, achieve quality
James Roosevelt Jr., president and CEO of Tufts Health Plan in Boston, writes that changes to physician payments are an opportunity to discuss quality standards for patients. Roosevelt warns there is no "one size fits all" when creating provider contracts, and Tufts uses a variety of payment models depending on the type of business, the provider, and the doctor's ability to invest in infrastructure to manage care.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream