Tufts' Roosevelt: More than one payment model needed to align goals, achieve quality
James Roosevelt Jr., president and CEO of Tufts Health Plan in Boston, writes that changes to physician payments are an opportunity to discuss quality standards for patients. Roosevelt warns there is no "one size fits all" when creating provider contracts, and Tufts uses a variety of payment models depending on the type of business, the provider, and the doctor's ability to invest in infrastructure to manage care.
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Transforming Cancer Care
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Evidence-Based Practice and Nursing Research: Avoiding Confusion
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers