Express Scripts purchasing WellPoint PBM
Express Scripts announced it is purchasing WellPoint's pharmacy benefit management business in a $4.68 billion deal. The acquisition includes WellPoint's NextRx division, which serves 25 million Americans and manages more than 265 million prescriptions annually, and a 10-year contract for Express Scripts to provide services to WellPoint.
- Providers' Push to Consolidate Roils Payers
- Former NQF Co-Chair Linked to Conflicts of Interest in Journal Probe
- As Retail Clinics Surge, Quality Metrics MIA
- RN Named Chief Patient Experience Officer
- Medicare Cost, Quality Data Tools Weak, Says GAO
- No Employee Satisfaction, No Patient-Centered Culture
- Six Not-So-Good Reasons for Avoiding Population Health
- In PCMH, the 'P' is Not for 'Physician'
- Population Health Pays Off for NY Collaborative
- How Simple Data Analytics is Driving Physician Incentives