Express Scripts purchasing WellPoint PBM
Express Scripts announced it is purchasing WellPoint's pharmacy benefit management business in a $4.68 billion deal. The acquisition includes WellPoint's NextRx division, which serves 25 million Americans and manages more than 265 million prescriptions annually, and a 10-year contract for Express Scripts to provide services to WellPoint.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor