Express Scripts purchasing WellPoint PBM
Express Scripts announced it is purchasing WellPoint's pharmacy benefit management business in a $4.68 billion deal. The acquisition includes WellPoint's NextRx division, which serves 25 million Americans and manages more than 265 million prescriptions annually, and a 10-year contract for Express Scripts to provide services to WellPoint.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- CHS Hacked, 4.5M Patient Records Compromised
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013