Maine lawmakers take new look at health plan
Funding for Maine's Dirigo Health Program is the topic for the Legislature's Insurance and Financial Services Committee. Bills up for presentation would eliminate a controversial savings offset payment that is now determined annually and used to fund Dirigo the state program designed to use subsidies to expand access to healthcare. To replace the SOP assessment on insurers, the bills would set a fixed levy on paid claims.
- How Medical Debt Forgiveness Benefits Hospitals
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Rural Healthcare Can Entice the Best and Brightest