Medicare to play big role in healthcare overhaul
AP/Yahoo News, April 22, 2009
Older Americans could see big changes in Medicare as a result of a healthcare overhaul, lawmakers and experts said as Congress began working on the sweeping legislation. Medicare should become the test lab for making the entire healthcare system less wasteful, experts told the Senate Finance Committee. Savings could be used to strengthen Medicare itself, or plowed into covering the uninsured.
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- 'Kafkaesque' Value System Unfairly Penalizes Doctor Pay
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Targeting Self-Insured Populations
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- Docs Fret as HHS Addresses Malpractice Reporting 'Loopholes'
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013