Aetna CEO Ronald A. Williams' 2008 pay package: $3.14 million
Aetna Inc. Chief Executive Ronald A. Williams got $3.14 million in compensation for 2008 and was awarded stock rights that could be worth an additional $10 million, the company disclosed. The compensation information was reported in the proxy filing for Aetna's annual shareholders meeting May 29.The proxy said Williams' compensation was based in part on Aetna's "superior operating performance" and his leadership in differentiating the company from its competitors by launching new products and services and expanding health information technology.
- Patient Harm Data to Remain on Medicare's Hospital Compare Site
- Quiet ORs Better for Patient Safety
- Tavenner Confirmed as CMS Administrator
- CMS Seeks to 'Rapidly Reduce' Medicare Spending with $1B in Grants
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Scores 'Depressing'
- Building a Better Healthcare Board
- Hard-Nosed About Physician Teamwork
- Case Study: Advance Care Conversations
- Healthcare Leaders Sound Off on Organized Labor
- Esther Dyson's Population Health Dream