CIGNA cost estimator available to providers
Hartford Courant, April 29, 2009
CIGNA has made its Cost of Care Estimator available to 550,000 doctors, hospitals, and clinics around the nation as a tool to inform patients about their share of the cost of care before they get services, the company said. The itemized, real-time estimates, which are based on a member's specific health plan, explain how the insurance will be applied and what the patient would owe. The information can help avoid financial surprises and may head off potential over-billing by care providers, CIGNA said.
- NFP Hospitals' Revenue Growth at 'All-Time Low'
- Transforming Cancer Care
- CNO Leads $1M Charge for New Scrubs, Uniforms
- Acute Kidney Injury Gets New Focus
- Interventional Radiology No Longer a Sub-Specialty
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Sharp HealthCare Leaves Pioneer ACO Program
- mHealth Tackles Readmissions
- Proton Beam Therapy Poised for Growth in US
- MA an Insurance Proving Ground for Providers