CIGNA cost estimator available to providers
Hartford Courant, April 29, 2009
CIGNA has made its Cost of Care Estimator available to 550,000 doctors, hospitals, and clinics around the nation as a tool to inform patients about their share of the cost of care before they get services, the company said. The itemized, real-time estimates, which are based on a member's specific health plan, explain how the insurance will be applied and what the patient would owe. The information can help avoid financial surprises and may head off potential over-billing by care providers, CIGNA said.
- CFO Exchange: Smartphones Poised to Disrupt Healthcare, Says Topol
- CNO on Hospital Redesign: 'You Can't Over-Communicate'
- How Digital Strategy Shapes Patient Engagement at Boston Children's Hospital
- Half of All Primary Care, Internal Medicine Jobs Unfilled in 2013
- Consumerism Drives Healthcare Branding, Rebranding Efforts
- PA Ranks See 'Phenomenal Growth,' Lack of Diversity
- 3 Traits Personality Assessments Can't Reveal
- Carondelet to Pay $35M to Settle Fraud Allegations
- Some Cancer Hospitals' Quality Data Will Soon Be Public
- Antibiotic Overuse a 'Huge Threat' to Patient Safety, Says CDC